Friday 7 December 2012

Bastille

So as i'm all cuddled up on the sofa drinking my hot coco and watching christmas films, i thought I would make a post about my favourite band. Bastille, they are an amazing group from south london who formed in 2010. The band consists of Dan Smith, Chris 'Woody' Wood, Will Farquarson and Kyle Simmons. Bastille debuted in June 2011 with their 7" single, Flaws/Icarus (released on Young & Lost Club). This was then followed by their Laura Palmer EP later in 2011. After adding a few more tracks online, the band received a lot of attention, helping secure some support slots. Their song Laura Palmer has to be my favourite by far for it hold so many meanings and is just such a beautiful and fun song.


'The night was all you had, You ran into the night from all you had, Found yourself a path upon the ground, You ran into the night; you can't be found'


There songs are just so different to others i think thats why i prefer them for they are blasted all over every radio and they aren't ruined all the time from dreadful covers. Its like there my secret pleasure that no body knows about i guess thats why it gives me such a thrill listening to them for I feel individual and different and not a sheep. Whilst i do listen to many mainstream songs< Bastille have to be named as my favourite artists for they have so much about them and each song is different they aren't just repeats of each other as many artists songs are. So if you only take one thing out of this make sure it is to listen to Bastille for I bet you if you ask your friends they wont know about them so check out there hit songs and join me at their tour in 2013. 


Little rant over but keep checking back a my blog for more info on my Tee's and for more of my blog posts!!

No comments:

Post a Comment